July 4, 2016

That's Mrs. Bonante, To You! | Lori & Brittany

 

Have you ever witnessed joy happen in the life of a stranger and can't help but to feel good for them?! Whelp, that's how I felt during my initial consultation with one of our May 2016 couples.....meet Lori & Brittany Bonante.

                                                                     Lori
 
                                                               Brittany
 
There is so much I can say about these two, but one of the most important things I can say is that is that I witnessed a true partnership. Lori conjures up the adventures and somehow convinces Brittany to tag along - which is why they belong together! They took comfort in each other's ideas, they trusted me (even when we had to make alterations and forgo some of their dream plans), made me laugh and was never short of personality throughout our entire planning process.
 
"The Girls", as I nicknamed them, knew they wanted a wedding that was a reflection of THEM, as a couple.... A green / echo-friendly outdoor ceremony & reception, overlooking their favorite backdrop - The Great Falls, despite the nay-saying (I know, this is NOT a word) feedback, for taking the non-traditional route, that they did not solicit but so generously received.
 
The Girls couldn't wait for the sunny, warm and inviting May weather (I don't think any of us could, as we were ALL ready to shed our winter coats & outdoor accessories) and meticulously planned each detail, that would leave their guests with great memories of this May wedding.
 
May swiftly approached - either someone switched Mother Nature's medication or she was angry at Father Time and decided that we would pay for it....she gave us November weather, a raw and rainy day, on May 21, 2016 - not at ALL what we were hoping for. Being the OCD/Type A person that I am, I decided to enforce "Plan B" mid-week, as our ideal plans for "fun in the sun" were off! After notifying all of the guests, moving the vendors, altering the reception site, changing locations for the formal shots, rearranging the schedules & transportation itineraries, re-assuring the couple and several glasses of wine (mid week, not on the job) - we were ready! 
 

Guests were greeted by warm cozies and an open fire, to take the chill off of a rainy May morning. In addition to various spirits, the bar was stocked with teas, coffee and hot chocolate w/ marshmallows, which the guests REALLY appreciated. Who would've thought that we'd be tending to an open fire one weekend before Memorial Day?!
 
Armed with several boxes of large canopy umbrellas, that doubled as guest favors, and LOTS of praying, sometimes aloud, for respite from the rain - we set out to get both ladies down the aisle. I told good ol Mother Nature to "Bring It"! If she wanted a fight, she'd met her match. And with that warning, it was time to cue the ceremony selections.



Brittany surprised Lori with a guitarist for the ceremony!
 

                    Well what do you know, the rain let up during the ceremony.





 
 
Guests were treated to authentic Italian cheesesteaks & Spiedies, handcrafted by Bada Bing DC.
 
 
 



By this time, the party was in full swing and no one seemed to mind when the skies opened on us, again.




 


Looking back at these images makes me relive the day and I can't help but to hear the lyrics to "My Way" by Frank Sinatra. Hey I know I am just a planner but it is my day too, there is not a thing I would change, except the rain - of course. I hope they feel the same....Here's to you Mrs. & Mrs. Bonante - you did it "Your Way"!

 
 

 
 

 












  
 








 
 
 




































 
 


 






Creative Team:
Venue | Great Falls National Park, Potomac, MD 
Event Management & Décor | Affairs Remembered  
Floral Design | All In The Details 
Images | Sweet BeSpoke Photography 
Musician | Chris Wynton Guitar 
Catering Team | Bada Bing DC 
Bar & Beverages | Bar Stars Bartending 
Host Hotels | Marriott/North Bethesda, Cambria Hotel & Lowes Madison